Why Barclays International?
Barclays is a leading global wealth manager and the UK's largest1, with total client assets of £164bn as at 31 December 2011. We provide wealth management and international banking services to clients in almost 200 countries and territories worldwide.
As part of Barclays, we can offer you the reassurance of being served by one of the worlds largest and most respected financial institutions.
Who can benefit from an international or offshore account?
A Barclays International account is designed to help if you:
The benefits of an international bank account
The aim of a Barclays International bank account is to provide all your UK and international banking, financial services and wealth management needs in one place. The features available include:
- Control over your finances with one banking facility from almost anywhere in the world2
- 24-hour Telephone and Online Banking service3, this service offers secure access to your account online, on your smart phone or by phone, 24/7†
- Mortgage services3 for buying property in the UK, Isle of Man, Gibraltar and the Channel Islands
- Offshore banking and financial services
- A choice of currencies in which to operate your account
- Financial planning opportunities
- Wealth and asset management
- Credit3 and debit cards in different currencies
- Quick and simple international and multi-currency transactions
- Multi-currency investment, savings and lending options. The value of investments may fall as well as rise and your capital is at risk.
- Discounted international online payments facilities
YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE.
How to apply
To qualify for a Barclays international bank account you will need to deposit and maintain a balance of £5,000 or more (or currency equivalent) in cash or investments across your Barclays international banking accounts.
Use one of the following options to apply or see the Toolbox on the right hand side of the screen for more information.
Call us on +44 (0)1624 684 316†.
You have sole responsibility for the management of your tax and legal affairs, including making any applicable filings and payments and complying with any applicable laws and regulations. We have not provided and will not provide you with tax or legal advice and recommend that you obtain your own independent tax and legal advice tailored to your individual circumstances.
1 In July 2011 Barclays was named largest Private Client Asset Manager by Private Asset Managers (PAM), with £51,430m assets under management (AUM) held in the UK (total global client AUM was £164bn as at 31 December 2011).
2 Access may be limited in some countries due to the prohibited transmission of encrypted data over telephone lines. Please contact your local embassy to check your country's legal position. For a short period of time every night (UK time), the site may be unavailable whilst we refresh data.
3Subject to status and application.
The products and services described on this page are provided by the following companies, which are part of Barclays: Barclays Bank PLC in England and Wales and Barclays Private Clients International Limited in the Isle of Man, Jersey and Guernsey. For further Information on these companies and Barclays please read the Important Information.