Documents to support your new account application
To satisfy UK and European regulations, we need to verify your identity and your main residential address. To do this, we will need to see some additional documentation with your account application.
Proof of identity
We need to see proof of your identity, usually your current and valid passport, European Union country National Identity Card or Gibraltar ID card is sufficient.
If you are able to visit a Barclays branch, please take one of these documents with you, where we will certify it and send it with your application paperwork to our Account Opening Team.
If you are unable to visit a Barclays branch in person, you will need to have a copy of the original documentation certified.
Alternatively you may use a different form (e.g. another bank's) providing it has the same text declaration as our form.
Who can certify a document?
|Barclays Bank||An International Bank||An Embassy Official||A Notary||A Lawyer or Solicitor (including Bar Registration Number)||Police / Garda||Commissioner of Oaths||Justice of the Peace||Mayor / Maire (not deputy)|
|South Africa||Y||Preferably ABSA||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|All other countries||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
Please make sure you copy and certify the photograph page, the personal details page and the signature page of your passport. Please note for the following countries these appear on different pages of your passport:
- Italy - Please make sure that you copy and certify page 3 of your passport
- Egypt - Please make sure that you copy and certify page 7 of your passport
- New Zealand
For the following countries and when your signature is NOT shown in your passport, please sign the Passport Certification Form.
For each applicant, please supply TWO of the following documents. Each must clearly show your name(s) and principal residential address:
- A statement from a major bank or building society**
- A VISA, MasterCard, American Express or Diners Card statement**
- A certified photocopy of your Drivers License, which should clearly show your name and principal residential address. If you send a certified copy, please copy the front and back of the document
- A UK utility bill (gas, electricity, water, telephone, but not mobile phone) if your principal residential address is in the UK** If you send a telephone bill, it must be a land-line and show your address and telephone number on it
- A letter from a Consular Official, or higher, of a British Embassy or High Commission in your country. This letter must bear the official stamp or seal and show the official's name and signature
- A government-issued National Identity card from Europe, USA, Canada, South Africa, or Australia
- If you cannot obtain a second proof of address, we will accept a Bankers Confirmation Request.
** These documents should be no more than 3 months old.
We would prefer you send original documents that we will return to you. You may provide a certified copy if necessary.
How to 'certify' a copy
- A person holding one of the positions listed under 'Proof of your Identity' must certify the copy as follows: 'Certified as a True Copy.'
- The person certifying the copy should then sign the certificate and add their full name, title, address and the date that they certified the documents.
Need some more help?
We understand that for some clients, the alternatives shown above may not be available. Please call us on +44 (0)1624 684079† and we will be happy to talk you through some alternatives.
* Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view/print the form. If you have this installed but cannot read the document, you will need to download a more up-to-date version of Acrobat Reader. For information on accessibility, visit http://access.adobe.com/