Open a new Barclays International Account
Thank you for expressing an interest in one of our products. These are offered as part of solutions designed to meet the varying needs of international clients. Please note: this application section is only for new clients to Barclays International, if you are an existing client please call
+44 (0)1624 684316†.
Opening a new account online is quick and easy - it takes around
Please note: if you are not currently a Barclays International client, our minimum qualifying criteria is either:
- an annual gross income of £24,000 or more (or currency equivalent) deposited into a Barclays account; or:
- £5,000 or more (or currency equivalent) across the accounts you hold with us.
Not sure which service suits your needs? Please select one of the four options below.
Relationship Manager Service
This service is fee free and for clients with £50,000 or more (or currency equivalent) to place with us, or for those who are moving to or living in the UK, an annual individual gross income of £100,000 or more across the accounts you hold with us. Designed to help our affluent clients manage and maximise their wealth, this service offers:
- A comprehensive and personal service that is built around you
- A dedicated Relationship Manager who takes the time to understand your financial goals, adapting to how you want to manage your finances to help you achieve your aspirations
- Supporting your Relationship Manager is a team of Service Executives who ensure all your
day-to-day banking requests are taken care of
- Access to specialists in investments, mortgages, inheritance planning, share dealing and external tax advisers
iBank Plus Account
iBank Plus is available for £10 a month. To qualify, you need an annual individual gross income of £50,000 or more (or currency equivalent) to place with us, or a balance of £10,000 or more (or currency equivalent) across the accounts you hold with us. A comprehensive range of international banking services, which includes:
- Multiple bank accounts and discounted international payments
- Credit cards, debit cards and currency exchange services
- Savings and borrowing in a range of currencies
- Structured deposits and notes
- International Telephone and Online Banking
- Discounted medical insurance and worldwide travel insurance (for UK clients)
- An overdraft facility (subject to status and application)
iBank Saver Account
This service is fee free. To qualify, you need an annual individual gross income of £50,000 or more (or currency equivalent) to place with us, or a balance of £10,000 or more (or currency equivalent) across the accounts you hold with us.
This service provides a safe haven for your savings and investments, either in the UK or offshore. Designed for international savers who don't need a current account or cards, iBank Saver offers a wide choice of savings and investment products from instant access savings in a range of currencies, to more sophisticated accounts such as our Deferred Interest Deposit Account that can assist with tax planning.
iBank is available for a low monthly fee of £10 (US$16.50 or €14.50). To qualify, all you need is an annual individual gross income of £24,000 or more (or currency equivalent) to place with us, or a balance of £5,000 or more (or currency equivalent) across the accounts you hold with us.
iBank is our entry-level international banking solution that offers a comprehensive range of banking and investment services specifically for those with an international lifestyle. iBank gives you the ability to manage and grow your wealth throughout the world. You can make international payments, bank online, receive advice from our experienced Personal Bankers and much, much more.
Alternatively, call us today +44 (0)1624 684316† to speak to one of our account opening specialists.
The products and services described on this page are provided by the following companies, which are part of Barclays: Barclays Bank PLC in England and Wales and Barclays Private Clients International Limited in the Isle of Man, Jersey and Guernsey. For further information on these companies and Barclays please read the Important Information.