Mortgages for non UK residents
If you’re a UK non-resident looking to buy property in the UK, our international mortgage service is designed to meet your needs. We can help you find the right mortgage and assist you with the associated financial planning.
Maybe you’re looking for a non-resident UK mortgage, a 'Res Non Dom1' mortgage or a 'moving to the UK' mortgage. Specific products such as these don't exist, since the tax break for Res Non Doms to take out an offshore mortgage on their UK home was abolished in 2008. However as specialists in international banking, we can offer mortgages to UK non-residents, and to those with no credit history in the UK.
Barclays cannot provide tax advice. If you are uncertain about whether this status applies to you or need more information, please consult an independent tax adviser.
UK mortgage for non-resident investors
Gain access to a network of international mortgage experts if you're interested in:
- Buying a home
- Purchasing an investment property
- Releasing equity from an existing property
Mortgage services for non-domiciled UK residents
Our expert international mortgage advisers will offer you a free consultation to take you through all your options to finance a property purchase or remortgage in the UK. They will also:
- Help you understand each stage of the house-buying process in the UK
- Help you choose the right mortgage
- Explain the different mortgage repayment options and work out how much you can afford to borrow
- Help you complete the paperwork and guide new applicants through our account-opening procedures
- Help with mortgages and advice on buying property in some countries outside the UK.
UK mortgage illustration
Whether you're looking to invest in property or are buying a home in the UK, we can give you a competitive UK mortgage illustration2. We have the expertise and experience to provide specialist mortgage advice tailored to the needs of international clients. Click the link below if you'd prefer us to call you back.
Here are the key benefits and features of our UK mortgage service:
- A dedicated team of international mortgage advisers who will handle both your mortgage and your international banking requirements
- Mortgages available to finance the purchase or remortgage of a residential property for owner occupation or for investment purposes
- Choice of either variable or fixed interest rates
- Mortgages available on an interest-only or capital and interest repayment basis
- Choice of mortgage terms - mortgages available for a loan term of between 5 and 30 years
- Mortgages in sterling, or a selection of other major currencies3
UK mortgage rates
UK Mortgage rates vary greatly according to the type of mortgage you choose. Our choice includes:
- Fixed rate
- Mix & Match
YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE.
Remember that where the mortgage is denominated in a currency other than sterling, CHANGES IN THE EXCHANGE RATE MAY INCREASE THE STERLING EQUIVALENT OF THE DEBT.
For more information or to apply
Call us on +44 (0)1624 684305†
1 Res Non Dom or 'resident non-domiciled' usually means someone who lives in the UK (and may also be a UK resident) but has their origin in another country and does not intend to make the UK their permanent home. If this describes you, it is also likely that you may be regarded 'resident non-domiciled' for UK tax purposes.
2 Subject to status and terms and conditions.
3 Subject to availability.
Terms and conditions apply to all mortgage products. We strongly recommend that you obtain your own independent tax advice before proceeding with an offshore mortgage.
Barclays will require a first legal charge over the property.
As a responsible lender, we only want you to borrow what you can afford, and in a way that is best for you. When considering your application, your financial circumstances will be assessed before we make a decision to lend money. And remember, if you should run into any financial difficulties, please contact us as soon as you become aware of them.
In all forms of advertising and marketing material where repayments are quoted, we will show clearly a typical Annual Percentage Rate (APR). We will also clearly indicate in all lending-related advertising issued in Jersey that we abide by the Code of Practice for Consumer Lending.