If you want to balance your investments, it’s worth considering property. With our investment mortgages you’ll only need to put down a relatively modest deposit. So whether you’re thinking about investing for the first time or are already renting out a property or properties, it could help you achieve the return you are looking for.
There are risks with purchasing property as an investment. Please make sure you understand these before going ahead. For example:
- Property should be viewed as a long term investment opportunity its value can go down as well as up.
- Make sure you thoroughly research a prospective property and seek advice from local letting agents regarding its suitability for letting, level of current demand and anticipated rental income. Consider potential for other letting methods.
- Factor ‘hidden costs’ (such as solicitors’ fees, stamp duty, letting agency and management fees, building insurance, ground rent/service charge for leasehold flats, maintenance/repairs to the property) into your calculations.
- Consider the implications on your tax affairs. We recommend that you consider taking professional tax advice from an accountant or discussing with your tax office.
- Make provisions for how you would make your monthly investment mortgage repayments in the event of your investment property being empty, your tenants failing to pay or if interest rates rise.
YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE.
For more information or to apply
Call us on +44 (0)1624 684305†
Terms and conditions apply to all mortgage products. We strongly recommend that you obtain your own independent tax advice before proceeding with an offshore mortgage.
Barclays will require a first legal charge over the property.
As a responsible lender, we only want you to borrow what you can afford, and in a way that is best for you. When considering your application, your financial circumstances will be assessed before we make a decision to lend money. And remember, if you should run into any financial difficulties, please contact us as soon as you become aware of them.
In all forms of advertising and marketing material where repayments are quoted, we will show clearly a typical Annual Percentage Rate (APR). We will also clearly indicate in all lending-related advertising issued in Jersey that we abide by the Code of Practice for Consumer Lending.
The products and services described on this page are provided by the following companies which are part of Barclays, Barclays Bank PLC in England and Wales and Barclays Private Clients International Limited in the Isle of Man, Jersey and Guernsey. For further information on these companies and Barclays please read the Important Information.