International banking services
to meet your needs
Here at Barclays, we can help make the financial elements of relocating quick, easy and hassle-free.
International Banking from Barclays offers world-class banking and investment services for anyone relocating to the UK to work for a period of time, moving overseas, or simply looking for a safe, offshore haven for their wealth.
Making the move smoother
We help thousands of clients worldwide every day, and with our knowledge and experience, we can make your financial transition effortless. With Barclays International you are given a single point of contact to help set up your new account quickly and easily. We can provide banking services in a choice of currencies, innovative financial products and help with the financial planning opportunities that may arise from moving abroad.
The benefits of International Banking
The aim of Barclays International banking is to provide all your UK and international banking, financial services and wealth management needs in one place. The features available include:
We can give you easy, safe and fast access to your money. You can stay in control of your finances via our 24-hour Telephone and Online Banking service*, by post or by using one of the 1.7 million VISA-linked cash machines around the world.
- International Bank Account: Provides easy access to your funds and is available in sterling, euros and US dollars.
- Barclays Bank Account: A cheque current account that is held in the UK.
- Barclays overdraft: Very useful if your income and expenditure fluctuate regularly.
- Barclays Connect Card: A debit card available in sterling only.
- Deferred Debit Card: A debit card available in euros and US dollars.
- Barclaycard Premier Credit Card: Lets you control what interest rate you pay.
* Access may also be limited in some countries due to the prohibited transmission of encrypted data over telephone lines. Please contact your local embassy to check your country's legal position. Accounts will be held in individual currencies.
We offer a comprehensive range of offshore foreign currency services, as well as access to foreign exchange (FX) resources, updates and educational content from currency experts. This can be particularly useful if you are considering:
- converting money for a house purchase in a foreign currency
- making regular payments in a foreign currency i.e. paying monthly school fees in a different currency to which you receive your income
- moving to a foreign country and need to exchange money
- making a foreign currency payment at a specific time in the future
- managing your overall foreign currency exposure.
Savings in a choice of currencies
If you're looking to maximise the interest you earn without putting your capital at risk, take advantage of our range of savings and deposit accounts in a choice of currencies.
Whatever your plans for the future, we can help you grow your wealth by finding the right savings solution to suit your needs and aspirations.
Our range of limited offer Structured Deposits gives you the opportunity to diversify your savings portfolio and potentially earn higher returns than with a standard savings account.
If you want a fixed rate of interest on your savings and don't mind your money being tied up for a fixed period of at least a month, a Treasury Deposit may be a good option.
If you want to make your money work harder than it will in a savings account and are prepared to accept the risk of losing money, you may want to put your money into an investment.
Why invest with Barclays?
Our approach to investing is built on over 300 years of experience, world-class research and a commitment to understanding your individual needs. Please bear in mind that investments and the income from them can fall in value; you may get back less than you invested. Investing with Barclays International Banking offers:
- The ability to invest in sterling, euros and US dollars.
- Investments tailored to you: We know that each investor is different and we’ll work with you to establish your unique needs, goals and attitude to risk, tailoring an investment solution for you.
- Wide choice of investments: We offer a range of funds and structured products which provide access to equities, bonds, property and other asset classes.
- Wealth management and trusts: Investments arranged and managed to help you get maximum benefit.
- Offshore investments: The potential to place investments offshore with access to offshore mortgages, investments, trusts and other banking services.
- World-class research: We produce a range of publications from regular updates on evolving trends in financial markets and recommended investment strategies, to more in-depth analysis covering the psychology and demographics of investors, to help you stay on top of your investment decisions.
Whether you're looking to buy your first property, you have another purchase in mind, or you need access to funds for a different reason, we have a wide choice of products to meet your needs.
Choose from our range of different mortgages and repayment methods:
Whether you want a new car, to improve your home or to consolidate your debt, we have a range of secured and unsecured personal loans:
YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE.
As a responsible lender, we only want you to borrow what you can afford, and in a way that is best for you. When considering your application, your financial circumstances will be assessed before we make a decision to lend money.
† Lines are open 9am -5pm Monday to Friday except for UK Bank Holidays. Call costs may vary - please check with your telecoms provider. Calls may be recorded so that we can monitor the quality of our service and for security purposes.