Why work for us
Success for any wealth management company today is almost wholly dependent on the quality and performance of its people. At Barclays we truly understand this and its implications for how we hire, develop and retain the 'A players' who will enable us to achieve our tactical and strategic goals.
At Barclays, we value the experience and knowledge that our colleagues bring with them and welcome that they have carved successful careers and gained invaluable expertise in their respective fields that they can apply to their role with us.
In return, we provide a challenging career working for a top-ten global Wealth Manager in a fast growing industry that will enable you to use your expertise as well as build on your existing talents.
We believe in a rigorous interview process and our senior staff devote a significant amount of time to recruitment. The interview methodology we use encourages a more structured, in-depth focus on candidates' work experience and education, increasing the chances of making the right decision for both us and for the candidate.
If you are the kind of 'A player' that we want for our business, some of the questions you should be asking in your discussions with us will be:
- Do you offer a dynamic working environment that is professionally and personally stretching, and that will enable me to deploy my breadth of competence and build upon it?
- Do you embrace change, innovation and excellence in everything you set out to do?
- Do you have a clearly communicated long-term vision and strategy for the business that you can share with me?
- What are the opportunities for my career with you, and I can ensure that the focus of my performance is towards contributing to those goals?
- Are you meritocratic, and do you truly differentiate in financial and non-financial terms between those teams and individuals who deliver and those who do not?
- Do you invest in building leading edge competencies across your talent base, and will I be able to access continued personal development?
- Do you hire only the best people in the marketplace?
At Barclays we like to feel that the answer to all these questions is a firm 'yes'. Our brand has strong resonance in the wealth industry and building an employer brand that appeals to the highest quality people at any stage in their career is important to us.
"Embark" is a programme designed to offer successful individuals in the UK and Ireland a new career in private banking. Barclays recognises that there are many transferable skills gained from various disciplines. Embark offers an opportunity for individuals to employ the breadth of their experience whilst carving out a new career in a different industry. To find out more about the programme and how to apply, visit our Embark section.
To find out more about what the individual areas of our business do, please visit Our Key Businesses page.
We currently have opportunities available in a number of areas within our business, please visit the Job search and apply section of this site if you wish to apply for a role.