At Barclays we are aware that, as a global financial services organisation, we have a significant impact on the environment. We take this issue seriously and our strategy for reducing this impact is integral to the way we conduct our business.
We manage our environmental impact through:
- Implementing a global environmental management system
- Establishing targets for our key environmental impacts and monitoring our performance against them
- Conducting audits to assess environmental risk and ensuring that we are compliant with all applicable environmental legislation in the countries in which we operate
- Reducing the consumption of natural resources in our offices and datacentres through the installation of efficient building and IT systems and ensuring that we operate our facilities effectively
- Embedding environmental sustainability into the design process for all new properties and conducting sustainability assessments on all key projects to ensure we consider all potential environmental improvements
- Working with internal and external shareholders to promote environmental sustainability and share best practice
We have set three year targets to help measure our performance. Visit Sustainability to find out more.